Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dobie Gray!

Gimme the Beat, Boys!

Dobie Gray had more affect on my philosophy of life than anybody!

I used to walk barefoot down tarred roads in Oklahoma in July and August to toughen my feet. Internally I was groovin' to "Give Me The Beat, Boys!"

If you don't know that song, get to know it. It is life itself.

I don't own that song. I need to.

Hey! He's got a website!

Oh! Now I really love him! From his website:
Mike Stewart, Dan Williams and Tom Smith of Dan Williams Music, brought Dobie into Creative Workshop Studios to sing the now-famous, "Momma's Got The Magic Of Clorox ll" jingle for Proctor & Gamble's nationwide ad campaign. The Reggae-themed, "Momma" had its first hugely-successful outing in 1986-88. It's second and greatest run was during 2002-2004. Over time, Dobie has chalked up more than thirty TV and Radio commercials, but "Momma is by far, his most renowned - winning a CLIO Award in the Best Commercial category, in 1989.

No comments: