Friday, May 18, 2007

You said you'd get to it in a minute, Ringer!

Cripe! It's gonna be Monday before you get to it! At the earliest!

Robert Ringer has an article out called The Age of Mush. In it, he has this gem (with supporting examples):
Politicos like Mush Romney, Mush McCain, and Mush Giuliani can always be counted on to tell the mush, the whole mush, and nothing but the mush. In fact, the whole event was mush to do about nothing. The more things change, the more they stay the same. But if you’re a mush lover, the “debate” must have been a real treat.

What brings out the mush in most candidates, of course, is their insatiable thirst for power. It is a thirst that completely overwhelms the petty notion of principle.

He says there's one exception in the Republican crowd - which he'll get to in a minute. I'm sure it's not a provable case of false advertising - he probably did get to it in a minute. He's just not going to share it with us in a minute.

Now, I happen to know what he's talking about, so the preceding should be understood as tongue in cheek, though I did want to hear what Ringer had to say about it.

The "it" is what Ron Paul has to say.

I have to admit, though, that I haven't been keeping up with the debates (because I find all the front-runners distressing).

I have the urge to attack all those issues myself. I'll get to it later tonight.

No comments: