Thursday, May 03, 2007

Crap!

I ran the TC 1 Mile again today.
Unofficial Results:
date: May 3rd, 2007
location: Minneapolis, MN

Summary number of finishers: 1376
number of females: 685
number of males: 691
average time: 00:07:55

Alan Erkkilabib number: 477
age: 43
gender: M
location: Brooklyn Center, MN
overall place: 780 out of 1376
division place: 105 out of 134
gender place: 524 out of 695
time: 8:05
pace: 8:05
Here's what I said about it last year.
Talk about not leaving it all on the track! I way underestimated my ability and played it safe.

My wife said, just before I headed out, "Do you want to carry a cell-phone in a fanny pack in case something happens?" It's tough to give it all you've got, with that thought ringing in your head: visions of myself lying on the street with my head in some useless do-gooder's lap, hoping the paramedics get there in time... Aaaagh!

Yeah, I beat last year's time by 35 seconds, but I had so much left after the race that I ran sprints back to the start to get my stuff. Well, actually, I walked and jogged and cheered on the other runners for a while, first.

I bet I could approach a 7-minute mile, and with a little work, beat it.

I race like a nice-guy.... grumble...

I'm framing this in a disgusted tone, but I see all the great news in that too. I'M IN GOOD SHAPE! Not great shape, but very promising shape. My joints feel good; my feet feel good; I have excellent wind. I'm apparently bi-polar... Hahahahaha!!

Hard to believe I trained better - I felt like a slacker. I suppose I was comparing what I did for this to what I did for the Marathon.

You bet I'll be signing up for that again. I was thinking that my goals for the year are: a sub-20 minute 5K, a sub-40 minute 10K and that 4 hour Marathon I wanted last year. Sub-4, if I can do it.

Am I replacing alcohol addiction with a running addiction?

Sure, why not?

No comments: