Monday, June 16, 2003

Yup, wasted it.
The important part was a link to LibertyStory.net. And an effort to sell people on Jim Powell and Thomas Babington Macauley. I called the _History of England_ a "...magnificent, breathtaking rolercoaster ride...." take it.

Here's something you should know--full disclosure, as they say:

I am a Superior Man.

I believe it was Chuang Tzu who said, "The superior man breathes from his heels." Lao Tzu would never say such a thing, would he? That's a quote from a Tai Chi book I borrowed from the library. I think I have some vague inkling of what it means.

Nothing to do with me, of course.

As a matter of fact, some of my classmates would quibble about my Superior status. I actually grew up in the fetid swamps outside of Superior, Wisconsin. But I graduated from SSHS (the unimaginatively named Superior Senior High School), class of '81.

That's my clever thought of the moment, and the explanation that ruined it.

No comments: