Thursday, June 19, 2003

I've reviewed a few books at Amazon.com. ...What the hell are they? Oh, yeah, The Constitution of Liberty, by F. A. Hayek, which may well be the worst bit of writing I've ever done. Although I told the truth, I just couldn't refrain from packing in every clever thought I could imagine into the fewest number of words. And sentences.
Vagrant Viking, by Peter Freuchen. That was an odd thing. My buddy Jon was working in Alaska while I was in Arizona and both of us found that book in our local library and read it at about the same time. Neither one of us was doing a lot of reading at that time of our lives, but....
Let's see, what's the other one?
The Foundations of Morality! By Henry Hazlitt. Along with John Stuart Mill's Utilitarianism, Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, Epictetus' Enchiridion, or any one of Epicurus' letters.... Worthy to be read while strolling along your favorite lake or river road.

No comments: