Monday, June 16, 2003

I see they're advertising Ayn Rand's _Anthem_ here. I think that's wonderful. Big fan of hers. I ran across a copy of _We The Living_ on a free bookshelf at the Marina up at the lake yesterday.
For those who think that all Ayn Rand wrote was heavy-handed Capitalist apologetics, _We The Living_ was her imagining what life would have been like had she been delayed getting out of Russia by three months.

What lake?

Lake Vermillion (2 Ls or one? I forget) in northern Minnesota. I actually got to jump in and swim this weekend. The water's fine. My mother-in-law, who lives there, would like me to tell all you packsackers that it's a mudhole. Don't bother coming.

But I enjoy listening to Millie's "Aamu Hetki" radio show on WELY up there. Just one thing Millie: three local temperatures is enough. And any weather forecast beyond three days is a lie. No need to take up time from Sibelius and kantele music or even the polkas, for that useless verbiage.

No comments: