Thursday, April 15, 2004

Well, my accountant (my wife) finished the taxes

and we went to the post office to mail 'em in.

I hate to admit this, anarchist that I am, but I would have paid more for the services I've received. I don't like their methods or attitude about collecting, although Reason Mag and Sprint have both actually been ruder to me personally than the IRS. We don't use Sprint anymore, and sometimes I'd like to change the provider of some of the government services, but the past year has actually gone pretty well. The things that did go wrong were my own damn fault.

I still get Reason and I recommend it. Though it's kind of like recommending a French restaurant with rude waiters, they've got good stuff and I enjoy the ambiance.

You can guess by my magnanimity that we're getting a refund from Uncle Sam's Saving and Loan. Enough to cover what Minnesota's taking. My wife wants new furniture, she must have been expecting this. All our old stuff is inherited from her grandparents.

No comments: