Monday, April 12, 2004

Haloscan appears to be overloaded

at the moment, so I'll just shoot off my big mouth here and see how it goes.

My brother seems to have got a good catch: Living in Babylon. The poor sap really is living in the belly of the beast. This is his description of his site:

News, Right-minded commentary, examples of the left's hypocrisy, and hopefully some humor from a right-wing-conservative-fundamentalist-evangelical-christian-white-male living on the left coast (Seattle). Dedicated to defending Christians and Christianity, traditional family values, and the Constitution of this Great Nation (including the 2nd amendment) against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

There are those who think that should be a description of my site, but truthfully, I'm more concerned about the Freedoms which our Founders were concerned to protect. A-a-and real Freedoms (those which do not conflict with the freedoms of others) which have been discovered since then.

I frankly do not believe that it is my calling to advance theology. I may be wrong, and I may very well actually do so--several of the Old Testament Prophets did exactly that--but I am concerned with moral and political thought. And I have always been interested in what motivates atheists, so perhaps that is my burden.

Trust me, I understand the argument. Why must I accept something I can't see as an explanation for what I can see. I mean "see" as in any perception by any means: natural senses or any technologically enhanced senses. There have proven to be natural causes for everything science has come to understand, why should I doubt that that pattern will continue.

The other argument is, "Why is there so much evil/pain in the world?" Somebody argued (I think on HAC's blog) that it is because Free Will is real. People want to test or defy God (I originally typed Gog) and God really does allow it. But "the Laws of Nature" usually catch up with those who do that. The question is, does the orderliness of Nature prove the existence of a God, or is it just the nature of Nature.

No comments: