Sunday, April 25, 2004

Checking my email

I find that Promethea has an update. All those people at Amanda's blog, who recommend reading Nietszche are probably unaware that there is a group who consciously seek to purify and extend his thought.

I believe I've mentioned that Nietszche was a non-deontological egoist, and these guys would like to classify him as an individualist anarchist. Two old saws can clarify those positions for you: "An armed society is a polite society," and - I guess it's not an old saw really - the doctrine of Mutual Assured Destruction taken to a personal level. Indeed on all levels.

It's "The Cowboy Way" which, I have to admit, I have always adhered to. Basically, you just don't let people #*&@ with you. But, as long as they don't, be friendly and helpful.

No comments: