Friday, June 20, 2008

I just got back from Oklahoma

Watched my niece get married. She was beautiful, as usual. Nice dress. Her husband's one of those huge kinda guys. He obviously didn't go in for the tux fitting: it looked like a tent on him.

Saw my brother and his wife. Saw most of my aunts and uncles...not sure why I didn't see them all.

Ron's fine. Not sure what he's doing for a living. I got the impression he'd retired. He's living a Ma's house. It's a big house, so...

Dang it! I forgot the brand name of that fifth wheel trailer we stayed in. Those were the most luxurious accommodations we've stayed in down there. The wife bitches about her inability to sleep; seems to me that's all she did. I didn't get to do anything I wanted because I stupidly kept waiting for her and the kids to come with me.

They've got The Five Civilized Tribes Museum there in Muskogee, and I just enjoy the heck out of it. They exhibit all these paintings and scuptures by Cherokees, Choctaws, Chickasaws, Creeks and Seminoles. It's right up there on the edge of the park where my niece's wedding was. Didn't see it.

I'm an enrolled member of the Creek Tribe. Kinda like to see what they're up to. (I just found out that most of my siblings aren't enrolled. Odd.) The Creeks' name for themselves is the Muscogees, so I feel pretty at home in that town.

No comments: