Saturday, July 09, 2005

I'm deeply ashamed.

Last Thursday I promised to go to the Minneapolis Townhall meeting and didn't make it.

They were going to talk about Eminent Domain, and I did a whole bunch of reading on the subject, but in all that activity, I failed to inform my wife of my plans. So she went and did her own thing that evening, leaving me with the kids (she needed a break - she worked out and went to the grocery store).

The problem is, that she doesn't listen to me any better than I listen to her.

So, I let Tracy and Cory down. I hope that didn't result in anyone being demoralized. Other than me, I mean.

(I generally tend to minimize my own impact on others, and generally I'm right, but I've discovered once or twice that I was devastatingly wrong. I just wish I had some idea ahead of time when that can happen.)

No comments: