Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I voted.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is a nicer sticker than I got. :(

From the top of the ticket:
President: Republican
US House: Democrat
State House and Senate: Republican
City Council: Libertarian (It's a non-partisan election, but I know the lady I voted for is a Libertarian.
Parks Commissioner: U-uh...
Water District Supervisor: I was going to write myself in here, but I didn't feel very playful. I think I actually marked somebody in, but I don't know anybody in that race, and no incumbent was listed.

I didn't vote for any unopposed incumbents and I voted against all incumbents who refused to tell me anything about themselves (and a couple that I know to be "liberals"). I voted for one judge that I knew to be conservative. It may seem irresponsible to some to vote against incumbent judges that way, but I am deeply offended by their policy of refusing to campaign for office.

I've got to start digging into the local judges and see how they rule. This might be a good place to start. Whoa!! Look at this!
How Do We Measure Up?

How do we measure up? Follow the link to the District Court Performance Measures. The Fourth Judicial District Court is the first court in the nation to define our measures and report them to the public. The site is a work in progress and will be updated frequently.

Blink.

I hang my head in shame.

On second glance, it's a rating of the court, not the judges, nor their decisions, but it's still a good place to start. I wonder if this page is the result of an effort to keep people from being gunned down in the hallways.

Update: more proof that I'm dumber than a post.

No comments: