Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Life and Bread

10 below today.
I'm relaxing at my computer here listening to "The Best of Bread" CD. I didn't realize just how much that group fit the phrase "THE SOUNDTRACK OF YOUR LIFE!!!" for me.
I was complaining that we didn't have any way to play our LPs and I really wanted to hear Bread's "Everything I Own", "Diary", "Make It With You", "The Guitar Man"... Heck, I figured that was it for them. There wasn't any more.

My wife found this CD at Target. That gal knows how to please a guy. I think I'm in love.

Man! They must have had a song in the top 40 through the whole decade of the seventies. Every one of these songs evokes myriads of good memories. If they weren't playing on the radio, or Ron's record player, I was singin' one or the other of them in a tree out in the woods. I didn't even know that "Truckin'", "Down On My Knees" and "Mother Freedom" were Bread songs. I knew "Lost Without Your Love" was. I absolutely took these guys for granted. What beautiful music!

No comments: