Sunday, October 14, 2007

SmartWool! That's what they're called!

The brand of socks I wore in the Marathon a week ago. My wife just tossed them at me. I told her I'd keep them next to my heart, as I stuffed them into my shirt pocket.

She seemed to take that amiss, somehow.

That's some kick-@$$ $#!#! Here's their website, though they seem to go in for clever Flash graphics. You can get some from REI or anybody you like here.

Mine are the "Running Lt Micro" variety, but I have no doubt that you'll be pleased with whatever you get for whatever purpose. I'm afraid to find out what "Lifestyle" socks are.

I could show you a picture of my feet, but I don't remember where I left the digital camera and it's not worth it to me right now to run and find it. My feet look like hell, but most of the obvious damage is from last year's run, retarded by training for this year's. I have one new blister - a blood blister, but it doesn't hurt. It's smallish and out of the way for all practical purposes - unless somebody wants me to audition as a foot model.

Consider that I was on my feet in these from the time I part ["Part!" Good God! I meant to say "parked."] my car in the Jerry Haaf ramp, until I got into my wife's car after reclaiming my stuff. At least seven hours in which I covered at least 28 miles, what with one thing and another, on my feet.

To hold these socks is to want to put them on. I'm succumbing to that temptation right now. They're wonderful!

When I do a pic-post of my Finisher shirt and medal, I'll make sure to include a shot of them. And my shoes.

No comments: