Thursday, April 19, 2007

invadesoda's callin' me out!

You remember him, don't you? He was teamed up with me here for a bit, until the hackers screwed up his blogger ID and his old blog. Well, he got everything back up and running, and he's certainly welcome back here whenever he wants.

I've been slow about saying that, my friend. Sorry. My excuse is that things have been a bit hectic around here for quite a while. Lookin' to settle down now.

The issue at hand is, relating to this post I said, "Most of what's wrong with the world today comes from two sources: the Tory reaction to Locke and the Rousseauian perversion of his doctrines."

i.s. said, "I'd like to see a post elaborating on that..."

You know what? So would I. The article referenced in the previous post may not be around long and I should check some of its references. The state of my library is described in my last comment there. Woeful, you might say.

There's one thing I need, though. I need somebody to ride my a$$. Delegate it. Tag team it.

I chose this name as a goal to shoot for. I need to write something worthy of an Old Whig. I mean, I don't expect to equal Shaftesbury, Locke or Trenchard & Gordon for intellectual rigor, but I think I can whoop-ass on 'em for interesting style without disgracing my Logic and History profs.

I quit drinkin' JUST SO I could sustain a train of thought for a half hour at a time. It's time to DO it.

No comments: