Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Gratuitous link time

A couple comments about the last few people who've commented on my blog.

Omni Unmasked:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

More or less.

The most prominent product of Omni Consumer Products Corporation. (Photo courtesy of RoboCop Archive.)

I've said that I'm partial to strong women.

******

Kyle Bennett: odds are, he's a relative. (I've got a ton of relatives named Bennett. It's kind of like being related to Louis L'Amour's Sacketts: there's a lot of 'em, and they have a habit of showing up when you're in trouble.)

Read his stuff. It'll be good for ya.

******

I've already told you to read LibertyBob.

Get on the stick! I wasn't kiddin'!

If you like Iowa Hawk, The Onion, Lileks or Shakespeare (none of whom link me yet are all worth every moment you can spare for them) you'll enjoy LibertyBob.

At least check him out as a favor to me.

[Wait a minute! "[F]ourteen rooms, if you don’t count bathrooms, basement rooms, closets, or entry hall"?! That doesn't, somehow seem exceptional to you?! [How do you find the "general" category, anyway?]

*******

Mark. Isn't he a stinkin' Pats fan?

Oh, well... I guess, when it comes down to it, I'm a generic football fan with an emphasis on the Packers. I want the Pack to win the Superbowl, but I enjoy watching whatever game's on right now. (Though, I can't quite justify spending a beautiful Saturday indoors, so college ball is out. If any of the teams I really cared about were ever on TV, that might change: the UM=Duluth Bulldogs or the--now defunct as a football squad--UW-Superior Yellow Jackets). So, I do appreciate his appreciation of Football.

******

TF Stern and Ron deserve some attention too, but I'm out of time. And TF pulled the old "double-http://" trick last time he stopped by, so he gets the Boner of the Month award.

******

Definitions of gratuitous on the Web:

without cause; "a gratuitous insult"
complimentary: costing nothing; "complimentary tickets"; "free admission"
unnecessary and unwarranted; "a strikers' tent camp...was burned with needless loss of life"

In all honesty, I've sent these links in payment for these people's attention. I appreciate it when people read and comment. Even when they belly-ache.

No comments: