Monday, July 04, 2005

Here I am!

I was off being a sorry-excuse-for-a Frenchman in Cloquet (meaning, I can't act, not that it was my intent to portray such a character). We also popped in on my sister and brother-in-law and their kids who were visiting Greg's parents. (OK, where do I squeeze the fact that they're AG Missionaries to the former German "Democratic" Republic into that sentence?)

Then, yesterday we bopped up to spend the night at the in-law's place on Lake Vermilion. Mr. In-law let me drive the boat for about 15 minutes. Or maybe a half-hour. Then he took over again to take it back into the wind.

She, the SS Tassu (Finnish for bedroom-slipper, because it looks like one), goes about 23 mph at 2800 rpm. That's where f.-i.-l. starts hinting about overheating and other such things.

No, he's a good guy. He considers himself to be teaching me at this point, so he's pretty clear about how he thinks it should be done. Of course, twenty years of dealing with Minnesotans might be helping more than I imagine.

The HP digital camera ran out of space before I'd made many pictures, but here are a couple:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Thanks to ImageShack for [URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Free Image Hosting[/URL]

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

There are a couple other pics that I like, but... I think you'd have to be in my immediate family to agree on that.

Oh, this one might be better than that:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: