Friday, March 18, 2005

This guy state's what I think about the minimum wage.

Now, is there anyone out there that doesn't understand that if I raise the minimum wage on my lowest paid employees; I must charge MORE for my product? The only people this helps are....wait for it.....NO ONE IS HELPED AT ALL!!!!!

You see, product and profit are tied together from the onset. In order for me to make a profit, people have to be willing to buy my product at the price I have to set to stay in business. And the cycle continues.....

Now, on the wage receiving end, it's like this. If minimum wage is raised, every single product in the country gets more expensive. Duh. That means that the people that were making minimum wage wind up with a net gain of zero. Think about it. This presents a major problem. The people that were making more than minimum wage are left with a negative net gain. THEIR SALARY IS WORTH LESS! Get it?

Minimum wage earners for the most part are younger workers that are NOT supporting a family of four people. You know this. All you have to do is THINK. I know that you really believe that raising the minimum wage helps people, but dammit, it doesn't.

Not his whole post. RTWT. There's enough vehemence here to cover anything else I might say, so I'll just let this stand.